Sunday, October 31, 2010

Man throws away $181m lottery ticket - reports

AN elderly woman in central England says she thinks she may have had the winning Euromillions lottery ticket worth €129 million ($181 million) - before her husband threw it away.
The woman, who was not named for safety reasons, told the Coventry Telegraph she had taken note of the numbers on her ticket but did not have the original.
"I play every week - I play the lottery, the Euromillions and the Thunderball - but my husband takes the ticket off me and I don’t see it again," she told the paper. "That’s why I always write my numbers down.”

After the ticket remained unclaimed for over a week, she checked her notepad and found the winning numbers - 09, 30, 35, 39, 46, and the Lucky Star numbers were 06 and 08.
“I went down to the newsagent and showed him my pad. He said, ‘My God, you’re a winner,’ but I said, ‘I’m not a winner - the ticket has been binned,'" she said.
The winning ticket netted an exact win of €129,818,431. It was the biggest jackpot ever scooped on the Europe-wide contest.
Read more on this story at the Coventry Telegraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment